Here is some good stuff reprinted with the permission of Marvin Jansen email@example.com
“There’s no easier moment to kick-start your healthy eating plan in order to look and feel your best on the beach or at the pool than when fruits and vegetables hit their peak. Taking advantage of nature’s sweetest, most succulent offerings reprograms your body to work the way it’s supposed to function. Here’s how to make it happen:
1. Count colors instead of calories. Every category of fruit and vegetable contains hundreds of unique, healthy substances. Try to eat at least five different fruits or vegetables each day, in a range of colors. Your shopping cart should have as many colors as a box of crayons.
2. Eat three main meals, plus snacks, so you’re never hungry. When you push your body into starvation mode, it will begin to store fat. Your metabolism will slow down
3. Have a fiber-rich breakfast. Toss fruit into your cereal. Make sure the cereal contains at least 3 grams of fiber per serving. Switch to whole-grain bread. Smear some all-natural fruit or nut spread on your toast.
4. Bring home fire-extinguishing foods. Every refrigerator needs good-for-you foods that put out starvation fires. Blueberries, peaches, cherry tomatoes, celery, and other ready-to-eat produce options simplify the snacking and encourage eating good-for-you foods.
5. Remember that you are in control of your nutrition. You choose the health and tone of your body by your food intake choices. Take care of the living organism in which you reside. Be good to the body and it will be good to you.”
So simple and true!